(I’ve not posted for quite some time. Some people have inquired – thank you. There may be a post about that eventually but for now the short version is that my windows of time normally set aside for writing have been filled with other things I value deeply…for now. Alright, now on with the post….)
What are these thoughts I keep having? Oh, that’s right, I believe this is called perspective. I often gain it by listening to someone older than me who has survived my life stage and has a grain or two of wisdom to pass on. Or I can take a step back. A break. Time away.
And that is what I was able to do this weekend. My sister took our kiddos (bless you, Karen and Carl!) for a cousin weekend of fun and my hubby and I had the house all to ourselves.
A wonderful chance to breathe. To think. To rest. To gain perspective. And maybe a few other things I won’t mention here….ahem.
Here are some things I hope I can hold onto when the loves of our lives – and the chaos that comes along with them – return….
- There is always more to do than there is time to do it.
- House projects always take longer and cost more than originally (and reasonably) anticipated.
- I really like my hubby. Which is good because….
- Eventually it will be back to just him and me.
- We do pretty darn well with our particular situation. You know, not comparing with anyone else just looking at us and the good and bad of what we have been given.
- I like a clean environment. But my kids are more important to me than a clean house. Or a clean van. But I do like clean.
- I might be overstimulated most of the time. And that is just my life. For now.
- No life stage is forever.
- Three kids is a lot.
- Breaks are good.
- My husband and I love our children desperately and while we enjoyed this break so very much, we would not trade the fullness of our life together as a family of five for anything in the world.
- Our kids are worth every sacrifice we have made for them.
- My value of people will always trump my value for accomplishing things. That has pros and cons. And I’m okay with that.
Have you any chances to gain perspective recently? Would you share with me?